Monday, July 26, 2010

TODAY!


Music: Muse (Shuffled tracks)

Everyday we day dream of what could be, what should be, what needs to be. When someone asks, why don’t we do something about it, we come up with gazillion of reasons why we shouldn’t. We list down things that hinder us from doing it. Either we don’t have the time or the money, we don’t have anyone to do it with, we don’t have this and that. As we continue on with so many reasons why we shouldn’t, they pile up and eventually become our excuses for not doing so. Eventually we find out that our excuses have become us, that our reasons have become the walls that we are now so afraid to cross. Not taking chances anymore, not taking risks not liking change.

Let us all face it; we like to live a comfortable life. I do, and that scares me. I read somewhere that if we settle for comfortable life, we never allow ourselves to be innovative enough and experience failure. We will never have the chance or wouldn’t take a chance. Dale Carnegie wrote that we should take a chance because all life a chance. That is true. If we continue on living the comfortable life and not wanting on taking chances in life, we don’t allow ourselves to grow, we are kept by boundaries we built for ourselves and there is no room for improvement.

Funny thing is I am at this state and perhaps I am just realizing it out loud and writing this to convince myself to do something about things I kept saying one day, someday. I think I should be doing them today, in all chances I get.

Like I always say, I shall never understand the true meaning of success unless I experience failure. I shall never know what’s beyond that border if I do not take a chance and cross it. I shall never be where I want to be if I don’t take the first and the next steps.

Achieving dreams requires taking risks and taking chances. We should, in order to get that bucket list in life done.




No comments :

Post a Comment