Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Where to?


Music: Stars, Snow Patrol, She & Him, The Fray (Shuffled)




For the past 2 and half years, I have been taking classes for my masters (Industrial Relations). I took the entrance exam last august 2007 thinking that I needed to do something with my life, improve my craft and yes be more marketable when I plan to switch jobs/companies. I wasn’t too sure I was going to get in due to the fact that I am trying to get in the University of the Philippines – but I did. 2 and half years later, here I am days before the comprehensive exam (this will happen on the 25th and 27th of January), thinking what have I been doing? What have I been studying? Will I be able to get the answers right? And the biggest question there is, will I pass and graduate this April? 

It is like I am taking a step back on everything and reassessing them. I have been asking myself if I chose the right profession, am I in the right place, or am I really cut out for this. 

Classes were a breeze for the past 2 and half years. I didn’t have a hard time understanding what was taught but of course I struggled to manage the time because I am working and studying at the same time. I have to take 6 units every semester, 3 hours straight every class each week – mostly Saturdays. I don’t know how I was able to get through it, how I managed to submit papers on time and take the exams. Maybe it was the determination to “not to fail, embarrass and disappoint myself” after all, I am the one paying for my own tuition fees. 

After this, I ask myself where will I go. Should I take another class or anything else to improve myself, face it, I am going to be honest – things get boring for me when I do something over and over again. Kind of like having Einstein’s meaning of insanity in mind – being insane is doing things over and over and expecting a different result. 

Or probably I am getting the nerves working and bothering me thinking that I have not been preparing for the exam – which really I have not. This is just the online rant and a way to actually relax myself.

One thing is for sure, I know what to answer that question “where to?” – I am looking up to God and going to ask for His guidance. To God be the Glory. 



No comments :

Post a Comment