Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Space Between…..


Music: Matthew Perryman Jones (shuffled)

i love this picture of me taken by a 9 year old boy named Julio (vampires, zombies, and whatnot) even if I look like the best dork in town. haha


I haven’t written for sometime now, it feels like ages even if it was just a month or so. Full length stories or thoughts don’t come easy really. But things start from a single thought and you play around it to create the so called body. I have been back and forth with so many things that I tend to forget to enjoy the simple things in life.

A few days ago, I was having dinner with a friend after a long day at work. We would actually just rant about things that had happened, but this time it was different. I wanted to enjoy the food (luckily I love the music played in the background at the resto) so I asked for a quiet time. Rarely that it would happen and it felt good. Everything has been in fast forward the past few months. It seemed like I was in this roller coaster ride, only there were no stops. Unlimited rides so to speak. I needed to have a break from it all and what better way to do it? Eat silently with good music on.

The space between our daily undertakings is important. People tend to say they are busy, but they never really do realize that they are actually busy thinking they are busy. We are given little moments in life to enjoy, take a breather and chill.  But only a few realize it, and I am one of the many who only realizes it once in a blue moon.  Balance in everything is key, I am not a master of this balancing act but I am trying – as hard as it is, my God I am trying.

I love these lines from Dave Matthews Band:

“The space between the tears we cry
Is the laughter keeps us coming back for more
The space between the wicked lies we tell
And hope to keep safe from the pain”

-          Dave Matthews Band

Everything may be in fast forward in your life, but as your life soundtrack plays, there is always an option to press pause, stop or even rewind then play again. Choice. 






No comments :

Post a Comment