Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Spark of Sandara Park


Sandara Park


Let me put up a disclaimer here before some of the people who know me start saying I have gone KPop. I have high respect for different kinds/genre of music and I believe that we are all saved by it from whatever complexities we have in life, but I am still into Indie 80% of the time. Having said that, this is not entirely about KPOP music, just one particular person, Sandara Park.


 Sandara Park

Famously known here in the Philippines as the Pambansang Krung Krung (National Krung Krung – sorry I do not know what the English translation for Krung Krung is, someone can enlighten me edit: "Crazily Funny" as I was told), she started in the national celebrity search in ABS-CBN’s Star Circle Quest and has also starred in numerous movies such as: Volta, Bcuz of U, Can This Be Love, D’Lucky Ones and Super Noypi as well as other TV shows in ABS-CBN.  Now, I am sure all you KPOP fans, 2NE1 to be specific know this. I just wrote that for those who do not know Sandara’s initial shot to fame before going international with the KPOP group 2NE1.

Wrote that quick introduction as I still urge you to do the research about her if you want to know more.  But before that, let me back track a little bit, I only write very few about artists here but surprisingly the entries about Anne Curtis, Jasmine Curtis-Smith, Tristan Prettyman and June Marieezy (I thank them for referring the links haha) are my top articles, when I write about them that means I found something really special about their personalities and not exactly entirely what they do to earn a living. 


Sandara Park and Lee Min Ho


What do I mean by the Spark of Sandara Park? Let me begin with: I knew about Sandara from SCQ (Star Circle Quest) but I did not really care much about her celebrity status, sorry guys just to be honest about it. I was living in a different world and I did not really care much about what goes on the television.  Fast forward to current day, I have now higher respect for her as a person and as an artist, but her personality weighs more.  Few days ago she started tweeting (http://www.twitter.com/krungy21) and tweeted her (celebrity) friends from Philippines in Filipino. She put up “Pambansang Krung Krung ng Pilipinas” as part of her bio which fascinated me as well.  Do not get me wrong, I just have issues with people getting international fame and not recognizing where they came from. Sandara Park is not one of those people. She recognized the Philippines as her home, embraced the culture and loved the people who both doubted and loved (loves) her. From the little things I have heard about what she does and how she appreciates her fans, I am in awe. 


 
Kiss - Sandara Park and Lee Min Ho


She has grown from her naïve “krung krung” self to this confident, thankful and appreciative individual but still sticking to her “krung krung-ness” I believe. What is the spark of Sandara Park? It is her genuine heart. She never forgets and I think that what makes her sparkle in my book. 


Note: I do not own the pictures used in this article. Credit to the owner.


No comments :

Post a Comment