Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My “Possible” Roadtrip Mix (Tape)

(not my artwork)

I still want to use the word “mixtape” even though I will end up putting up all these songs in one CD or in a thumb drive. Mixtape is what I grew up with. It was the coolest thing back then having most of your favorite songs in Side A and Side B. Imagine the fun (for kids these days, the horror) of rewinding and fast forwarding the cassette tape to jump a few songs to your favorite one.

There is no theme here just what has been on my playlist for a while. Imagine I have a C-60 or C-90 that could hold 24 songs (12 each side). Anyway here we go:

Side A:

  1. “Running” Jessie Ware
  2.  “Gimme Sympathy” Metric
  3.  “Agustana” Boston
  4. “Big Jet Plane” Angus & Julia Stone
  5. “Wait It Out” Imogen Heap
  6. “No One’s Gonna Love You” Band of Horses
  7.  “Be Ok” Ingrid Michaelson
  8.  “Sweet Disposition” Temper Trap
  9. “Point Me At Lost Islands” Tired Pony
  10. “Happier” A Fine Frenzy
  11.  “Keep Your Head Up” Ben Howard
  12. “Say Anything” Tristan Prettyman

Side B:


  1.  “Never Say Never” Tristan Prettyman
  2.  “My Stupid Mouth” John Mayer
  3. “Fader” Temper Trap
  4.  “Love Lost” Temper Trap
  5.  “First Day of My Life” Bright Eyes
  6. “Of I Go” Greg Laswell
  7. “Superhuman Touch” Athlete
  8. “Only Love” Ben Howard
  9. “Astair” Matt Costa
  10. “Flightless Bird, American Mouth”Iron & Wine
  11. “Lake Michigan” Rogue Wave
  12. “A Beautiful Mess” Jason Mraz

There you go, my 24 songs as of the moment. Now if I have to transfer these all to a 32gb thumb drive, that would be another story. Haha. I miss making mixtapes, my first one was a mix of Michael Learns To Rock, Bee Gees and Beatles back when I was around 12. Don't judge.






No comments :

Post a Comment