Sunday, August 23, 2015

Top 5 Reasons Why We Love Maine Mendoza



(c) @mainedcm


I am having a lazy Sunday, which sometimes become a rare commodity. Lazing around, I decided to look through tweets about Maine Mendoza, mentions, her twitter handle, who she follows, what other people say about her, etc. I am no stalker don’t worry, haha I spend my idle time reading, listening to music, writing or sometimes taking photos but I just got curious about her.

I’ve been hooked, like everyone else, on Aldub (thus this wee hours of the morning random blog post http://wanderinganneskie.blogspot.com/2015/08/aldub-what.html). But like what Randy David has written on his Inquirer article http://opinion.inquirer.net/87842/dubsmash-and-its-uses, I wanted to have a Sociological take on this Phenomenon but I put it aside since the expert already wrote it. He’s an expert, I just took 4 years of Sociology as my degree but never really practiced so I have justification on why I get drawn to her, to Alden, on Aldub. Yes, may expert opinion, safe tayo. Haha.  To sway away from it and break it down, I’d write what draws people to Maine Mendoza instead.

Anyway, I came across the Maine Mendoza Official Fans Club (twitter: https://twitter.com/MAINEnatics_OFC and FB https://t.co/vp9fCtH1PGand) their tweet about how people can join their group, they/we should tell them why WeLove MaineMendoza. Guys, I write (blab) a lot so I may have to utilize my blogsite for the reasons 140 characters cannot allow me to express.

You see I’ve only been active on 2 major clubs. Team PI (defunct haha but I love them to death) for Camile Velasco – the people I have met there are now considered my long time real friends. If you do not know Camile (Koy to us) she was the 9th placer on American Idol season 3. The other one is for Anne CurtisfANNEtastic fANNEatics. I am a true blue Anne Curtis fan down to the core until now so believe me when I say, it’s the person not the network that draws me to appreciate and love what they do.

So what draws me to Maine Mendoza and why we love her? Some reasons are similar to those two people I mentioned that I came to appreciate and idolize. Here are my top 5, which probably summarizes what everyone sees.


  • Raw Talent – some say dubsmashing is not much of a talent as most people can do it. Yes, I have read comments about Maine regarding, but I kept my mouth shut. Let us not waste our emotions toward negativity. Anyway, dubsmashing takes precision, concentration and talent. Without these 3, Maine will not be able to pull off that viral video on point. That’s raw talent for me and she has it. We appreciate rawness and see it blossom to what it truly is. That's what I see in her.

  • Passion to the Craft – as I have read on articles, heard interviews, Maine’s secret ultimate dream is to be an artist. If she does not have passion for this craft, she will always look awkward on those dubsmash videos. Compare other dubsmashes to hers, they do it for the fun of it or for the sake of doing it or having one to upload, she on the other hand does it with passion with a dash of craziness we all come to love.

  • Sincerity and Being True – you can see on her face the sincere appreciation of everything that she has been or being blessed with. Being true in a sense that despite her status in life (social stratification hint tayo haha), it doesn’t stop her from pulling those crazy scenes that others with same stature would feel awkward to. Not all people born with Silver spoon (oh sige baka iclaim niya na bronze lang), will have that comfort of doing what she does. I know you guys know what I mean. It's that what you see is what you get vibes that you get whenever.

  • Charisma – let’s face it, she is beautiful. Even more when made up, even more when she smiles like most people claim. But when simplicity comes into play, she oozes with charisma even more which fascinates a lot of people. I would have to assume that she has people drawn to her from all walks of life/all the masses. It’s, charisma and I know for a fact that it would not dwindle/fizzle. 

  • Regular Just Like the Rest of Us – I am sure, like most, you’ve spent countless hours on her Instagram, on her twitter handle, her blogsite perhaps and you would all agree that despite the rising fame, she’s a regular lass going through the adventure of life. Trekking towards her purpose, looking for that specific place in this world. With this, a lot can relate to, even the men that adore her. They may not be that expressive like us girls, but they are on the quest for their purpose in life as well. When people get to relate to your regular struggles, your life musings, your adventures and misadventures, it magnetizes them to you. The polarity of life so to speak. She has that claim on all of us. I've gone through some of the things she's going through and I relate to her like most of you.


Crap this is already long. I might stick to being a silent fan or from time to time surface out from hiding but know for a fact that we - I appreciate what you do Maine. Like I said on my other post, you give us an escape from the daily grind. I wish you a brighter future. Your journey has begun and your foothold to where you wanted to be and to your purpose is going to be stronger – yes I read your post about not knowing what to do or where to go. Here you are, the adventure has begun. Make the journey count.




1 comment :